Friday, May 20, 2011

Possession: The Film

I watched the movie: Possession tonight (Gweneth Paltrow) It was a romance film- right up my ally. These two historians that work for the British museum were hunting for the missing pieces of a famous poet Ash's life and romantic affair had with Madam Lamotte back in 1859. Their affair was filled with all the good stuff, passion, fire, deciet, & scandal. I love the raw passion and uncontrollable desire the couple had resulting in a love child Ash was never told about. The fact Ash & Lamotte were both poets, lured me in even more so. I love the way people spoke back then. They spoke with eloquence, and such depth. They way the women dressed in corsetts and big heavy dresses grabs my interest as well. The victorian era and I have something in common. Past life maybe?

Needless to say, this movie sparked something in me that I haven't felt in a long time. Not quite sure what it is, but I'm thirsty for more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment