Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baby Hatchlings

Approximately 6:15am this morning, the Crows nested just out front were teaching their 6 babies to leave the nest. The commotion outside my window had me roll out of bed to find out what the heck was going on. Other birds were chirping, squirrels were making that hissing squeaking sound they make and the baby crows were squawking times 6 of them! I watched for 5 minutes as the parentals bounced from tree limb to tree limb squawking for their young to follow. All but 1 seemed to catch on pretty quickly. The one sat alone on the limb after it's siblings left, whistling quite beautifully. I didn't know crows could whistle so nicely. Good for you little one for being unique. I think I read somewhere that crows live to be about 30-50years old. I wouldn't mind having the whistling crow stay nearby. Before now, I never realized how noisey and loud they can be. But I'd take their noise over the noise of my ignorant neighbors and city life any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment