Thursday, September 30, 2010

Modern Day RockaBilly PinUp

How cute is she? This is my inner chick, screaming to get out and express herself. She's a classic timeless beauty in modern times. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rockabilly/ Retro Pinup looks. I was so excited when this style became BIG again over this past Spring/Summer. But sad at the same time because I'm also at my largest weight size ever. Even when I put these clothes on in my size 14, I don't feel good. I feel unattractive, and this has been my struggle for the past few years. And with each failed attempt to diet an exercise I feel even worse.  
It doesn't help matters when you have iddy biddy friends tearing themselves apart over how fat they are. SERIOUSLY? if your fat, I must be a cow. All I know is, I went shopping with a friend tonight in search of pinup clothes for the photo shoot I will be taking, and It was pure torture seeing all the CUTE dresses and things that I could never fit into being the size that I am now. I'm not even a curvacious 14. I'm more like a chunk! I've tried to just come to grips with my body, accepting that this is part of aging and my gene pool. But just when I think im ok with it, something happens and my inner rockabilly chick starts screaming to get out again. I probably just need to shut the bitch up with chocolate. LOL Anywho.... it's the same old story. I try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. awwww!! this is soo sad! i kno what u mean, i totally relate to this. i am out of shape - been 'blessed' (more like cursed ha) with an apple body shape that my stomach is my problem area and i'm surrounded by these absolutely PERFECT girls (welcome to Europeans club). i just wanna say dont get discouraged and keep going! i also LOVEEE the pinup style and it is my motivation. by the way, i dont think your friends think that because u don't have to be skinny to have freinds! thats the beauty of it. =) also u might wanna make sure your adrenal glands are not exhausted that's what my problem was (and still is actually). alos, check out julia ross books- she has amazing nutritional therapy program! take care and wish u best of luck!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete