Sunday, September 19, 2010

Autumn Splender

I'm so happy it's Autumn! Yay it's finally here! And I'm putting my new Nikon D3000 to the test with all the beautiful colors Fall has to offer. Yesterday, we took the kids and my parents to Shady Brook Farm for a hayride and to pick apples :) It was such a beautiful day for it too. I snapped over 130 pictures easy! Everything I saw was eye candy with my handy dandy new camera. I love it because the colors are so brilliant, I hardly need any editing if any which makes photography as a hobby much more enjoyable.

So the kids had a ball, walking through the apple orchard picking the best apples "according to them." lol we bought 13lbs of apples that day. AND I AM ALLERGIC! hahaha but they had fun :) Tomorrow I'm baking home made apple pies, apple turn overs, and candy carmal apples :) I'll let ya know how that turns out. I never attempted to bake my own pie before. But some of my fondest memories are in the kitchen with my grams while she made all her desserts from scratch. :) I'm hoping her essence will be with me tomorrow during the process. Ya hear me Grams? I'm baking apple pie!

Everyone is welcome to come by for Pie :)

I can't believe so many people are already decorating for Halloween! I have some pumpkin clings in the front window, damn. Guess I need to dig deeper into the Fall decorations. There will be absolutely no Halloween stuff up in this house until Oct 1st. hahaha who am I kidding? It's my favorite Holiday. Every year my Orange lights burn out because they are up for so damn long! Sept-November.

Check out my picture album of the kiddies picking apples on my FB page.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment