Sunday, September 12, 2010

Grasshoppa...

This afternoon my 6yr old comes in to wake me (as he does every weekend and days off from school). I want to sleep in another hour, but I know his persistance won't allow it. He's getting better with each attempt, resorting to his creativity. I personally love when he climbs in bed and cuddles with me :) but he prefers flicking the lights on, and blasting my ear with a screaming lazor gun! or squirt bottle to the face is good too! The one day I hid under my pillow to block the lights only to have a handfull of hair yanked from my head lol (not intentionally.) Ahhh children. Aren't they lovely? I'm giggling.

MOM WAKE UP! MISS RUBIE IS COMING OVER! as he jumps on the bed dangerously close to my ankles. The thought of him breaking them get's me up! OK OK I'm up! a minute later, mom can we play? I haven't even peed yet kid! LOL let me have my coffee I tell him. Oh yeah, it's the same story same routine every afternoon. It's feeling like groundhog day :) Not complaining.

Later, I ask him to come outside with me and explore the garden creatures. Excited he gets his little sandals on, and I grab the camera (just in case). I had just moved my bird feeder the day before (stupid squirrels) and so I had lots of poop to clean up today. When I finished, I noticed something on the chair. Had to put my glasses on to see what the heck it was. It was Mr.Grasshoppa!!! You stopped by for a visit "I said." Jake comes running over full of excitement to see. How cool! Grasshoppers are pretty neat to observe. They are pretty calm and sit still long enough for you to snap 50 pictures in all directions! lol This is only the 2nd grasshopper I've had the pleasure of filming. I swear he was posing! And at one point it looked like he was bobbing his head to the sound of music from the block party around the corner. I'll surely add his picture to this blog once I upload them. Jake wanted to keep him, but I told him that he has a job to do in our garden and he has to get back to work! Lunch break is over......as he hopped away.

We also saw alot of ants carrying seeds that had fallen from the bird feeder back to there homes. Amazing when you think about how much they can carry- what is it? something like 100x their weight? Now having read this I'm reminded of the Disney movie BUG'S LIFE, where the grasshoppers were the bad guys! Haha Oh Wow! I'll have to sit the boy down and watch that tomorrow :)

The troops started to arrive about this point and we spent a very nice night with great friends, kids included. I'm really loving the conversation these days. Good POSITIVE stuff! POSITIVE company! My Zen is back for those who were concerned (you know who you are ;) I Love ya!

Sweet Dreams xox

No comments:

Post a Comment