Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Letters to Juliet

"When you're speaking about love, it's never too late." - From the feature film Letters to Juliet.

Tonight I finally got to watch Letters to Juliet, with my daughter. She's my partner in films :) And yes, we cry ALOT watching them. Haha. But this one is just another one filmed in Italy that I'll be adding to my list of favorites.

By responding to a letter addressed to Shakespeare's tragic heroine Juliet Capulet a young American woman (Amanda Seyfried) vacationing in Verona, Italy, sets in motion a series of events that leads her--and the missive's lovelorn author (Vanessa Redgrave)-- in search of romance. Directed by Gary Winick, this deeply tender and uplifting drama also features Gael Garcia Bernal and Franco Nero.
Rated PG     1 hr 45 min.    2010

I just knew it would be a goodie with actress Amanda Seyfried starring in it. I'm becoming a loyal fan of her work. Just last week we watched the film Dear John which was also a favorite! I'm soon going to need to compile a new list of favorite films for referance :) Mama Mia yet another one with Amanda Seyfried.

I'm rating this film a 4 stars out of 5. If you LOVE love, you must rent this film :) And I suggest you watch it earlier in the evening because if you share my affinity for Italy's culture and beauty, you'll be left eating bruschetta with bagel chips and sipping a glass of merlot at 12am. Hahaha... "Life, is the messy bits."

One day, I will travel the world and visit those beautiful places I see only in movies. I will taste like no tomorrow, and sting all the senses with all it's glory.  One day, I will live!

No comments:

Post a Comment