Monday, May 10, 2010

Tempers Rising


Day in and day out, men and women, & young adolescents are making pulic displays of themselves with their explosive arguments beating on eachother, tearing each other apart mentally and physically. Out of control, tempers flare as I quietly watch from safe inside my home- ready to make the call 911 if needed. It's a tough call whether or not to get involved and break up the fighting. My husband and I certainly don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I've learned a long time ago- it's not wise to get in the middle of something of people you know nothing about. As a child I watched my Mom and Uncle come to the aid of a young woman being smacked around by her boyfriend on the street corner. My mom ended up with a black eye from trying to help. As it turned out, the girl didn't want help and called on her boyfriends friends to back up the dude beating on her. It makes no sense, but that is what my mind jumps back to- when I have to make the decison of getting involved or not. And today, you would probably catch more than a black eye.


I recognise a spark within myself wanting to spread the wise words of those who walked before us, Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, & the Dalai Lama to name a few. But I don't have the voice to be heard. (literally, I literally lost my voice lol) I feel I should be doing something with my life, volunteering with the homeless, animal shelters, childrens hospitals....something. If I cannot speak the knowledge and wisdom, perhaps I can lead by example instead. You haven't felt happiness like that of which comes from helping others.


We don't get to pick and choose who deserves our help. God will bring them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment