Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend


I just had one of the best weekends, that I've had in a really long time. And it was spend with my family exploring the awesome animals at Adventure Aquarium and the Philadelphia Zoo.
Jake is at the age now, where he's really able to enjoy learning and experiencing new things. I love watching the excitement in his expressions and speech as he tells me about what he's seeing or feeling. It melts my heart, and I'm all smiles. Kids really do bring me to life- my kids anyway. They are my greatest achievements to date. Dana was even smiling during our trips this weekend. Unusual for a teen who only wants to be with her friends...But I'm glad she was a part of everything, wanting to be. This has been the best Mothers day ever! Handmade greeting cards! Quality Family Time! and Lot's of warm memories made of this day. Thank you FAMILY! I know I am loved.
Jakes Card reads:
Dear Mommy,
I think of all the things you do,
And then I know why I love you.
You make my breakfast, You wash my clothes,
You take me places I want to go.
You teach me things, You read to me.
You help me become, what I want to be.
You sing me songs, You hold me tight.
You hold my hand, in the dark at night.
In all the world, I know it's true,
There is no mommy just like YOU!!!
~Love Jacob
What more could a Mom ask for? I have the best kids. My Dee is a sweetheart. She's always showering me with thoughtful gifts as well. She surprised me with some very trendy candle holders and wall sconces- which I can't wait to use :) Awesome! I guess now I have a reason to get started on redecorating my diningroom! Another trip tp the paint store is in order :)~ Oh Chris....honey?
My hubby and I were laughing about the unusual gifts he gives me for the holidays. Unusual indeed but much appreciated and wanted no less. For Mom's day he bought for me a bongo at the zoo. I'm collecting natural handmade musical instruments, and I really wanted a bongo :) Yay! I'm one very happy bongo momma!
My ex, Dana's father, even brought me Dunkin donuts coffee and donuts for mother's day! How thoughtful :) Thank You George. Here's hoping all of the Moms out there had a fabulous Mother's Day! I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment