Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Technical difficulties much?

It seems like technology is against me. It's surpassed my expertise and I'm almost as useless as your grandmother would be trying to send a video chat. But I keep trying anyway. Actually I don't think it's my knowledge of technology that is the problem, I think it may be lack of a proficient updated computer. I've been using the family computer which is about 7 or 8 years old for my work, and networking needs. It's also used for entertainment and homework, so it gets used pretty hard. It needs more memory-RAM etc... So I do daily scans, and weekly cleanups. I try to keep my photo files copied and off the pc as soon as Im done with them. But no matter how much cleanup I put into it- it just runs slow as shit! And it becomes very nerve racking! I'm trying my best to build a photography business up, all Im saying is; I waste far too much precious time "waiting" on this darn pc to work as it should.

Today, all I wanted to do was put together a dvd slideshow with some background music. Simple right? Wrong! The program called for wav. mp3 or dogg. file which are your basic sound files. No problem I thought but as I was searching all of many music files on the pc nothing was registering! and I was unable to add music to my slideshow :( My one question in life is this; "WHY DOESN'T ANYTHING EVER WORK AS IT SHOULD?" I have numerous pc and editing programs that I don't use when I could be creating some really awesome works! I even have a pc dj mixing system that I could mix my own beats for parties! But I'll never use it. I have an arcitech program too- I could be designing my dream home. I have printing software, beauty programs, website tools! GUH!!!

The phones have been up and down all week now- suprisingly not affecting my internet at all. Verizon of course says the problem is coming from inside the house and can't send anyone out to look at it for another week. UM.... yeah NO! We have this problem often, about every 6 months or so. It's an outside problem, and it acts up whenever we have severe weather. Our phone line somehow for whatever reason ties into our neighbors box. Their box is not locked, it's just tied together losely with rope. When we have severe winds and storms the connector cables get loose. So why then as a paying customer do we have to keep going through this? FIX the fucking BOX! and stop trying to BILL ME for a maintance call! Geeze... it makes me think what the hell do I pay them for? It eventually worked out though after Chris made the call (from a cell phone of course) Verizon after saying it was an inside problem, ran a test on the line and fixed it. HELLO? seems like it was a Verizon problem to me. Well good news is, that we wont be without a land line.

You know what else gets on my nerves? The VCR/DVD player, and remote controls! and to think I used to be so good at those types of things. Now, Im lucky if I can work my cell phone properly. Which btw- I still havent set up my voice mail.... I kind of dont know how to do it. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment