Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Answered Prayers

As you all should know by now, my black cat, the eldest cat had fallen ill back in October. We were so worried that we'd lose him after he lost most of his body weight, fur and gained yellowed skin from his fatty liver disease. I'm still not sure what caused his sickness, I'm just so very happy to announce that our prayers have been answered. Because Talis is now starting to gain some weight back, his skin is a healthy white color again, and his fur is everywhere!!! lol He's able to shed again, and his little bald patch from his IV is starting to grow back now. (It's been since November) He's been given another shot at life and I have to thank all of you for your blessings and prayers. They have certainly been answered. :)

Talis now plays with the other kitties, bouncing around with more energy than I've ever seen him. He's back to playing, and he's been eating real well. Talis and Friendly have their moments because I favor them both, but at the end of the day I sleep with Friendly and wake with Talis. Talis curls up in lap, hugging me close like a little chimp. I'm so happy I got my boy back! TY TY TY xox

As I sit back and think about all thats happened, I guess what I've learned from his ailments and the possibilty of losing my closest and best friend (pet) is that death is going to happen eventually to all of us. And even though I hate to imagine life without my Talis, someday it will happen and I will go on. But he will never be far away. We need to enjoy our pets while they are here, and let them go when it's their time. And just treasure all the love and memories they've given us. I've accepted this.... So please UNIVERSE stop testing me. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment