Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stay the Course.

Keeping true to myself is the plan. This was much easier to do when things were simpler. But I think I've been doing fine in this past week, enjoying quality time doing the things I love.

Today, my 6yr old son jumps in bed with me "MOM IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!" Dad wants to paint the dining room. Of course I would have loved to sleep in another hour or two but knowing Chris was working in the house today inspired me to get up and accomplish something as well. So Jake and I cleaned up the front garden. I pulled all the weeds, and pruned back the bushes while Jake made MUD PILES! hehehe. He was digging for worms! and making rock soup! We found all sorts of interesting creatures while cleaning up in preparation for Autumn's arrival. Worms, centipedes, secada carcus',and bones!! Just in time for Halloween I guess :) There's been a hawk perched in my dogwood tree- from what Chris and Jake tell me. Guess it's leaving me some left overs. Fascinating in deed.

I feel accomplished now that all the summer toys are cleaned up, pool is deflated and put away. I have room again to actually enjoy my patio on these georgous cool nights that we've been having. I even managed to rip out the old mums that have been gradually thinning away. My walkway is usually filled with burgundy, purple and orange mums each fall. But I've noticed this year they werent as full. So I cleared them all out- rearranged the solar lighting and prepared the soil for grass seed. I took out the plastic strip, broke three fingernails doing it- but it's worth it. Because, the walkway looks much less cluttered. I'm happy. It's been some time since I've gotten down & dirty in my garden. I forgot how much I enjoy working in the garden getting acquainted with all it's buggy creatures. I met a pretty red lady bug today~she even let me photograph her. Picture above :)

After I cooled down in the shower, it was time for a power nap. Ahhh I've missed my afternoon naps. It was NICE :) The kids went to my moms to visit with my grandmother who was visiting. So I started faux painting my dining room. It matches my living room, and I really love it. The finish kind of reminds me of an old world type wall. I love the gold metallic finish so much- that I'd probably paint the whole house that way if I could. I think we are finally on our way to finding the perfect decor for the dining room. FINALLY :) It will be finished tomorrow. Then I'd like to print some of my fave b&w's of the family and frame them for there. It's been a while since I've felt everything "come together." It's nice, kind of like a reflection of whats going on inside ... me :)

I keep looking at my calender- in case I'm forgetting something, an appt, plans something. It's been refreshing NOT HAVING ANYTHING to do, or have to go to. This past Friday was my last appt for a while. It was Family Court Day for me & Dana. Let me just say, I've never had that much fun in a court building before. My daughter.... let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She had me in hysterics laughing. It should be illegal to have that much fun-in what should be a stressful situation. But then again, stressing out never solved anything. So as we sat in the waiting room, we just so happened to make up new lyrics to the "Ting Tings- That's not my name song." It was inspired by "the whole point of being there." We are toying with the idea of making a video for YouTube. Hahaha When that happens I'll post it here. hehehe We silly girls know how to have fun. God I love that kid. I'm so proud of her, and her strength. Her maturity is far beyond her years. We've always said since she was a baby that she was a little OLD SOUL. She shines, and everyone wants to be near her. She's going to do great things in this world! I know it.

Results from court; Dana spoke with the Master (that title is just weird). Explained what she wanted and what George wanted from her were two different things. After all was said and done the Master ruled that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want. George was not to contact her, or see her unless Dana said it was ok. The Master also ruled that George needs to seek a family therapist because he obviously had some issues. She advised Dana has no contact with him, and so we gave her a new phone and new number so she didn't have to rely on George for anything (he was paying her phone line). No more ties- sure feels good. And I'm so glad Dana is seeing him in his true light now. Manipulative, greedy liar. He'll recieve all this info in the written legal statement within 30 days. I'm sure he wont be happy about it- but hopefully he'll back off realising how very WRONG he was for everything he did. He's expecting a baby in October- a second chance not to Fuck up(?!) Honestly though..... I feel sorry for that kid.

Next up... the rest of our lives :) School starts next week!!!! YAY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment