Friday, August 13, 2010

I Eat, Pray, & Love




Tonight was opening night for the very much anticipated movie, Eat Pray Love starring one of my all time favorite actresses Julia Roberts. I read the book about 3 or 4 years ago and I haven't stopped reading since Ha! The book was amazing and totally shed new light in my life, thus putting me on the spiritual path. If you haven't read the book YOU SHOULD! It was far better than the movie, although I'm not knocking the film, just so much was omitted. You get a greater sense of the characters from the book, better connection. :) Thanks Toni, for coming tonight. I hope you got something out of it girl. We should've gone for coffee after to chat about it.

So what's the moral of this movie? To find self love, one cannot find happiness through things and other people. Happiness comes from within. Knowing yourself, and being content with yourself brings balance. And through achieving this you can then bring happiness to everyone around you. "You have the power to love the world."

Balance seems to be my biggest challenge in this life. It seems I'm always off in one area, just when I think it's all coming together. Life's little curve balls. I may never find total balance for very long, it seems to be brief and fleeting. But I suppose it's also what keeps me human. I get wrapped up in my feelings, I get let down, I build my walls, only to repeat the cycle. This is the inspiration for my next Tattoo the Hindu Ohm. It will be my daily mantra- to remind me of the Balance I'm trying to achieve.

Ok so I'm going to post my "EAT" section. My top most sinfully enjoyable foods :)
~General Taos Chicken
~Crab Ragoon
~Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns icecream
~Balsamic Chicken Salad
~Pizza
~A tender filet mignon!

I've been indulging in you yummy foods way longer then Liz Gilbert did, an it's probably time to cool off. Get serious about the gym, and get my sexy back.But to do this I must take the next step and "PRAY." Get my head straight, meditate more often, and get my priorities in line, and execute it!So later I can truly "LOVE" myself again, and love others more genuinely. Happiness starts within. I haven't been happy in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment