Thursday, December 23, 2010

Power of Love

Is it possible to feel happy & sad at the same time? According to the laws of the universe the answer is NO. But it says NOTHING about mood swings! So I guess that's what I got.

Today, I'm here to catch up with all the good stuff with hopes to cure me of this lingering Bla'zeh feeling. This past saturday was our holiday christmas party at Casa de Wons :) Something I didn't think we could afford to host this year, but my husband insisted. He insisted we have all our dearest friends together before the years end. And as the invite list kept growing, so did my stress level about the menu. I refuse to not feed my guests, I wouldn't have it any other way. 10hrs in the kitchen with alot of help from my sweet daughter Dana really gave us a chance to bond :) My husband Chris too- thanks to him peeling the potatoes for my notable 1st home made potato salad! which I must say; "is the best I've ever tasted." I don't even like potato salad- but I crave this. Or is it the Mayo??! I love mayo. Did my fat ass give that way? lol

Anywho... I know in past blogs I've stated the last two years have been complete shit, but the entire month of December just may have changed my opinion about that. Yes things go horribly wrong sometimes, and may not always be easy or ideal, but hard times build character in a person. So many people have crossed our path this month and have shown us such great compassion. Friends, family, and even people we do not know. How about it?! My heart is all warm and fuzzy- I just may cry.... AGAIN! I've been crying tears of joy ALOT lately. Just ask anyone. :) Their kindness really gives me some hope in the human race. People can be kind and compassionate, and not just out for themselves. The smallest gesture gets me all teary eyed lately, I'm one emotional mess. lol. From our family & friends generous hearts, right down to the stranger who offered me a coupon to save $15 yesterday. It's been comforting to say the least.

I feel so truly blessed. To have so many wonderful and really great people in our lives- it makes up 100x over for everything not so wonderful in it. It makes me want to give my best to everyone. I want to show others the same kindness those have shown me this past month. And hopefully keep Paying it Forward!

Easier times are coming; I feel it everywhere. We just have to look out for eachother.

Have I mentioned just how lucky we are to have such awesome friends? I can't believe 18/out of 20 friends made it out to our home last Saturday, and each one of them holds a special place in our hearts. Wonderful personalities, great senses of humor, and just an abundance of cheer! Everyone was together for the first time, and meshed really well I thought. That was my favorite part of the evening.

So why am I feeling blue? Guess I have no real reason to now. Blogging is my best therapy.
Have a Blessed Day!

2 comments:

  1. Your not alone in the twilight zone. I feel this way time to time. But, in the last year our great group of friends showed me love and kindness and helped me rise up and realize that the sun does shine even when its dark. I forgot hope, I thought nobody cared. But, then my friends showed me they were there for me and didnt judge me. I never had that before. I am very grateful for our tribe. peace love and happiness....HippyCreep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellz yeah Rick! :) I'll drink to that!

    ReplyDelete