Sunday, July 25, 2010

Frazzeled in Fondant


K so I've been feeling funky since Friday night. By Saturday it was even worse and the 98 degree weather was NOT helping! I felt badly, I was spending the night with Patsy doing a PinUp shoot in CapeMay & I couldn't exactly go off and hibernate like I normally do. I didn't want to stress her out with my funk. But she's such a good friend, I think she understands.

I've just not been feeling myself AT ALL lately. I know I need to see a Dr. I just don't have it to put out rt now- or ever for that matter. Not having health coverage BLOWS! ((does anyone have Dr who can write me a script for increased Synthroid Medication?)) It's for my Thyroid. I'm having major HOT FLASHES and Ugh I'm sweating like a F@$king pig. I'm so uncomfortable in my own skin right now-I WANT OUT of this BODY!

So anyway, funk and all I make it home Sunday knowing the long night ahead of me. I promised the kids we'd bake fancy cakes. Jakes Birthday Cake & an Anniversary Cake for my parents. As I walked in the door, I nearly cried- I was that happy to be home! After a well needed shower, I was off to Michaels an the Market for cake supplies. People everywhere were riding my last nerve.... slow ass mutha fricken checkout lines! I stood in line envisioning myself punching the damn chicks face in just to feel better. But it didn't work- I was still pissy. ha.

On the way home Chris told me how Dana woke up today wanting to make me breakfast (but I wasnt going to be home until late noon) and have the house clean for my arrival. She really stepped up today and motivated the boys to help her accomplish this! I'm so FRICKEN PROUD & TOUCHED by her that I literally BAWLED my eyes out on the car ride home!!! Man I love that kid! We joke that her OCD kicks in when I'm away from home. lol She literally takes over my role. She cleaned up the whole house!!! And put dinner away, and did the dishes! I must be the luckiest Mom in the world today :) TY Dee!! xoxox ((seriously very appreciative))

So Back to the Cakes: Jake & I made his "Dual Survival" Birthday Cake :) That's his new show on Discovery. So we have a jungle terrain, with some trees, a cave, river with fish, and a volcano with of course Cody Lundin and Dave! It turned out AWESOME! I think I might even upload the picture to their facebook page :) He's pretty excited about it. And Dana made her vision of an elegant anniversary cake come to life! Plucked it right from her thoughts and make it reality. A double tier layered cake, white fondant and fancy black flowers and scrolling. The top of the cake has a bouquet of red & black roses which were hand made with fondant. This girl must take after her MOTHER when it comes to crafts! hehehe I'll post some pix so you all can see.

So after all this, I guess I'm starting to unwind. Maybe I just needed some down time, relax, and catch up on my sleep. Because I really have NOT been sleeping well these past three nights. So here's to tomorrow. A fresh new day! Good Night my loyal readers :)

2 comments: