Friday, July 23, 2010

Graditude



As I served my husband and children dinner this evening, I was overwhelmed with graditude. It was just honey mustard chicken with a vegetable, pasta side and biscut, made from just two boneless chicken breasts. I had portioned the package so that I could get two meals out of it for this week. It wasn't alot, there were no left overs, but my family are fed :) As I cleared the table I thanked God for all the things and people in my life that really matter. And I found an ounce of HOPE.

I stop and look around and see that no one has it that good right now. Things could always be worse. I know families whose homes are in foreclosure, relatives with terminal sicknesses, tons that are jobless, and I just stop and pray. Please God just a little help down here! Give us HOPE! And when you least expect it, someone usually appears at your doorstep who tries to help in some way. Thank you for these Angels :) I know you are listening God.

I stood in the grocery checkout today behind a young woman who said she doesn't have any patience for clipping coupons, as I stood holding mine in hand. I clip coupons because I have to. I shop and plan meals around sale items. I stood there thinking how nice it must be to just throw money away and not spend hours of my time planning and budgeting every penny spent on food. I buy everything with coupons! Even clothing! If I can save $10 with a coupon, better believe I will. Coupons are like FREE MONEY! and with every $0.50 coupon I use it's another dollar saved in my pocket.

Thank you God for a pair of healthy hands to clip coupons with! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment