Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trying to apply the power.

On Monday I had a lot of driving around the city to do with my daughter Dana, 7hrs worth to be exact. We had the Dr. appt for the yearly physical, had to have lunch because she left school before she could eat. Then we had to pick my son up from school, killed some time in Kmart picking up after Xmas clearance sales and shopping for my 6 yr old -he's long due for some new duds. His summer tee shirts and pants have lasted him until now. Time to update and make him spiffy :) Then, had to dropped him home with his dad while I picked up Dana's classmates from school (we have an arrangement.) Took one of them home, then headed to the pretzel factory for a snack. After that we went to Khole's department store to buy school pants for Dee. She's growing still.... into that curvacious young pertiful woman she will be. (which is happening all too soon for my Mommy-mind to absorb). By the time we finished trying on school pants it was dinner time so I took Dana and her buddy Chris to taco bell. On the way home we picked up the boyfriend and upon walking in the door nearly fell over! There's No Place Like Home!!!!
  • When I came in the door, I noticed the 3 trash bags and boxes were still waiting to be taken out.
  • My son still hadn't started his homework.
  • No one thought to eat anything while I was out.
  • And the  baskets of laundry were still in the kitchen waiting to be taken down.
  • Shall I even bother to mention the bag of cat shit thats waiting to be taken out to the can?
So what has my husband been doing since I left? Certainly not the things I would've liked. Surely these things take priority over video games, tv shows and facebooking! Or so one might think. So before I allow myself to get furious, I'm trying to apply the POWER that Rhonda Byrne talks about in her book. Instead of allowing negative feelings to spill over, fill the cup with love instead..... So this is how I did that yesterday:
  • I'm happy to have gotten 7hrs of bonding time with my Daughter, we had many laughs.
Today Tuesday: Started the day off well. Got a bright and early shower, kids off to school just fine. I decided to start cleaning up Jake's bedroom- what a disaster area! I only got as far as making his bed and sorting his clothing, ridding all the old stuff he no longer fits into before my energy crashed. My husband did help me out alot today by handling Jakes prescription coverage errors, and attempting to solve the ongoing pain in my ass medical coverage for the eye dr. The phone hadn't stopped ringing all morning as I tried to catch a nap. I did however manage to hide under my blankets until 1:30pm. Once out of bed I started preparing dinner, making salads, and apple crisp for desert. That took me right through til 5pm when my parents came for dinner. Not really getting to spend much time with my parents, we decided to play cards or a game of scrabble. Chris said ok to playing cards but obviously wasn't all that interested because he disappeared to the basement shortly after for a while. So SCRABBLE it was- I lost twice! but it was fun. We laughed and laughed, and my son and nephew played hard. Dana did her homework at the dinner table so she could share the company of my parents :) So what urked me today? ;
  • My husband's disinterest in participating.
  • My husband's short temper with the kids.
  • My husband's constant use of the computer, as if nothing else is important.
So as I'm sitting here blogging about the annoyances of the night, I'm trying to pick out the positives to fill my cup with instead. So here's goes.....
  • I may have spent a long time in the kitchen today, but I & my family enjoyed dinner and desert :)
  • I didn't get to spend much time with my husband, but gladly my parents and daughter filled that space instead of no one at all.
  • I may have been busy cleaning up at the end of the night, but my husband did manage to do homework with my son and bathed him for school tomorrow.
  • While my husband facebooked, I changed out the pictures on my fridge with new happy fotos :)
  • And Finally, I'm so pooped that I'm actually going to bed early tonight which may get me energized to do the laundry tomorrow- or better yet, something I actually enjoy like scrapbooking.
So in the end, while I still do not like these things; I'm not angry enough to start an argument. I just need to keep applying the Power of love and positive feelings.... and just hope for the  best.

Goodnight.... Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment