Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To the cat who saved my life many times over.

There's a HUGE chunk of my heart right there. Thats my goofy teenager and the sweetest most human-like loyal Cat you'd ever meet. I adopted him in August of 2001 while still living in our 1st apartment. It was against the rules to have pets but I didn't care. He was the absolute best fur-baby ever, and still is.

I was going through a rather "BLUE" stage in life when Talis came and changed all that. He was my baby, my friend and always there unconditionally for me. I mean look at him! I see more than a pet, I see a beautiful soul behind those beautiful big golden eyes. He's always been the one I could count on, to show me attention, love, and to make me feel special when no one else would. We have a connection I've never had with any other pet. I value him over many humans I know that's for sure. He's different, well behaved, always friendly toward those I let into my home. He knows the rules of the house- and I rarely catch him breaking them. Unlike his two little sisters....who are naughty. I don't think those girls will ever learn.

I'm writing today, because my heart is breaking. My best fur-friend has become ill. Unsure why or how this all started, it has resulted in severe weight and muscle loss. After a trip to the ER and $$$ later, it's been determined that he has a condition called Fatty Liver Disease. I'm afraid for him because he wont keep his medicines down, nor anything else... When he does try to eat or drink, he vomits it right back up. I want to help him, if it's even possible now. I'm holding on to him, but don't want him to be in pain. Financially it's not there, an my heart is hurting to see him this way. He's holding on for me... I can see it in his eyes. I think I have to make a choice soon. But I don't want to... especially if there's a chance he can regain his health. But I fear that may be wishful thinking at this point.

It's unbearable...I can hardly breathe.

1 comment: