Monday, November 22, 2010

Diamond in the rough.... it's been rough.

Yeap, we're are still rollin' with the punches. If we roll for much longer, we should be tumbled and well polished gemstones!

You know, by the end of the day when everyone has settled into bed, and I'm left alone with my thoughts THAT's when it really tends to sink in. Right now as I blog, oh my handy little blog that maybe no one ever reads- will always be here for me to vent, to cry, to express the feelings building inside. Feelings I don't always show in front of family or friends because I don't want to worry them or show weakness. I wont deny my feelings, but I wont always deal with them openly either. My trusty little blog listens and somewhere within my scattered thoughts- it makes sense. I find my peace of mind. Hey whatever works right?

I wonder why it's been such a struggle for my family these past two years. But I don't question why, as I trust theres some bigger reason beyond myself for all thats happened for all we've endured. I could easily fall negative and point out all the bad.... but choosing to see all the positive changes that have come about instead, keeps me sane. Life Happens... all we can do is roll with the punches and hope one day we will get a well deserved break.

I'm suprised that we've managed to keep a positive outlook for this long. Whatever it is we are doing, it's working. There is truth to how we live, and the koolaid hasn't poisoned us yet.

Life these past two years have stunk, probably the worst ranking years of our lives. But because of it, we've found true love & true happiness and have moved away FAR AWAY from the things dragging us down emotionally and spiritually, even physically. Material things, alcohol, negative people, fake people, meaningless relationships, uselessness, it's gone. Make Life Count for something- and do your part in it. Take responsibilty for your actions, show gratitude, and recieve happiness.

Instead of worrying about the things I don't have, or vacations I don't take, I give thanks for what I do have, and the people I spend my time with. This christmas I do not want for a single thing except to see my children happy. Maybe they wont have the grandest holiday ever, but they will know the warmth of a loving family means more than any material object. This year I have some holiday activities and crafts we can enjoy together like handmade tree ornaments, and ginger bread house making. Perhaps even bake some holiday cookies :) Of course, christmas movie nights are a must! And maybe even a christmas light show and stroll through the villiage again this year. We are buying a REAL tree this year for the 1st time ever so thats something to look forward to.

Maybe this will be the start for us, to getting back to the true meaning of the holidays. Commercial Marketing has ruined the real meaning behind everything! It has become a ME ME ME I WANT world. Let's get back to giving, and compassion, doing something good for someone OTHER than ourselves. I'll tell ya, when you do- it's the best feeling in the world.

God Bless You this holiday season.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment