Monday, April 26, 2010

Nature's Gifts

About two weeks ago I was standing at my front door just admiring my garden in bloom when the birds eating from the feeder caught my attention. It must have been about supper time as they were in a sort of frenzie! They weren't even bothered by the squirrel chewing on a chicken wing on the branch beside them (curtesy my neighbors trash can). Upon my second glance I noticed a Cardinal!! A lone brightly colored red cardinal waiting it's chance to eat. I was so excited because I've never seen one with my own eyes before. I've lived here for 10 years, always feeding the wild and I've NEVER been visited by such a beautiful creature before. I nearly peed myself with excitement LOL! Naturally I had to call everyone in the house over to witness this beautiful bird. Each one of them as suprised as I was.

I love bird watching. I'm not a fully equipt watcher, I don't own fancy banoculars or anything. But I often watch from my window, listening to them sing and play. It's calming and peaceful. A couple springs back a set of mourning doves nested at my bedroom window. I got to watch them lay eggs, watch them hatch and grow. I even helped them fly the nest when the time came. It was amazing. Now I wake in the mornings to the most beautiful song bird that sits in my tree. I've never heard it's song before this spring- I'm wondering if it's the cardinal that I seen. When I hear it's song again, I'll try to drag myself out of bed to see who it is singing outside my window.

Experiences such as this, are what make life so enchanting. Mine anyway :) Enjoy Nature's gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment