Friday, April 23, 2010

Getting back on the path.

Yesterday did all of us a world of good, being out in the fresh air, getting back to the natural beauty in nature as we celebrated Earth Day 2010. We all suffer from mad allergies, but we weren't going to let anything stop us! That's all I needed to get me out of my funk.

Today I woke from my nap refreshed and ready to conquer my house cleaning. I felt renewed from the day prior. Somehow, I remembered "why" I keep house, because I'm able to. Not because it's expected of me. I thank my maker for two healthy arms and hands to keep this home tidy, and two legs and feet to get me around. I thank my maker for my sight, to watch my healthy children grow, my hearing so that I can listen to my family's laughter, sense of smell so that I can enjoy the perfume given to me by my hubby, taste to enjoy earths fresh foods and (especially the wine! lol) And lastly for the sense of touch, so I can feel the hugs and kisses from my hubby & kids. These things are very basic, but they are our greatest gifts.

Buddhists believe to be happy, one should not be attached to material things. If you are constantly in want of things, you will never be satisfied. My husband said to me tonight while shopping in Target, "he's changing my name to I want! cause that's all that comes out of my mouth." It got me to thinking.... he's absolutely right. I have been trying to fill a void lately. And I do that by shopping for "things." What woman doesn't feel better while shopping? The down side to this is, that it's just a temporary fix. I always end up wanting more. I recognise this all too familiar pattern, and I'm putting an end to it now. My first goal to getting back on my spiritual path is to conquer Non-Attachment. True happiness comes from within, not from material objects. I will say this though: In the past I have learned how to disconnect emotionally from objects- say they wear out or break. That doesn't bother me. I just need to learn again how to feel SATISFIED! :)

Brightest Blessings, xox

No comments:

Post a Comment