Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gandhi











  • Tonight- I finally sat down to watch the Gandhi film.

    And 3hrs later, I'm moved by this man's dedication to bring equal rights to Indians in South Africa, and a free India from British rule- all without using violence. He's proven throughout his entire life that "there's no sense in violence!" By the end of this film, my mind is finally made up- no longer can I justify war or violence of any kind. It's been put into perspective for me and I'll keep working at it until I am fully at peace. This man was truly amazing. Rent the film, read the book! Let him touch your life as he's touched so many.



    Here are some of my favorite quotes of: Mahatma Gandhi.

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

You must be the change you want to see in the world.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment