Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

The Christmas holiday went off without a hitch, with all of our family celebrating together. Chris and I hosted our annual Christmas eve funky attire party which was a hit :) We ordered in our annual Chinese grub dinner and exchanged gifts. The gifts were so abundant this year my head was spinning. There's nothing I love more than watching everyone opening their gifts, adults included. My goal every year is make even the adults feel like kids again on Christmas. Dressing silly and playing games helps with that hahaha. What I'm most thankful for this year is something called "forgiveness." Total forgiveness for past differences, short-comings, and what have you. It really feels good to let go of negative feelings. Forgiveness is freeing space in the heart, allowing love to flow. :))

Christmas morning started bright and early, 7am to be exact. Jake came running in to wake up us sleepy heads in hopes that Santa came. And Santa sure did come... spewing presents all over the place! Foe Jake it was a Star Wars Christmas! He recieved a ton of character action figures, all the star ships, and the huge AT-AT he really wanted. Dana got so many grown up pretty things for her bedroom, like demask curtains, new bedding, pillows, and beauty products :) Chris was spoiled with the Zen theme again this year. He plans to change his basement into a zen den for his reading and  meditation practices. Christmas for me was amazing. I was spoiled with home decor, and cozy comforts! I'm so looking forward to packing away christmas and getting back to an uncluttered space & candles :)

By 11am we all met up for breakfast at the 4 Seasons Diner where we stuffed our tummies once more. Mmmm.... then went back to our homes where I took a few hours to nap since I could hardly sleep the night before. (Like a little kid). We later all met up at my parents house for dinner and card games :) Betty my mother in law made a new little friend, my nephew Jeremy. It was nice to see them playing and chatting away. I really think she misses having little ones around.

Monday was the day after Christmas clearance sales! We headed out about noon and still managed to catch some deals. We shopped for a good 7hrs. guh... Dana and I were so tired by the time we got home. I'm still friggen tired as I type this. I just might have to get in another nap before 3pm. Cause I need to get my butt to the gym for the next three days for an hour & a half high intensity workout. Just so I can work off the holiday weight I think I've accumulated. WAHHHH

I just thought of something else I'm truly grateful for; I am so grateful that my mother found not one, but two great homes for pets I can no longer house. Charm the territorial cat went to a co-workers home where she is being spoiled rotten. I get daily updates on how well she's fitting in there and the relationships she's formed with her new owners. I'm so glad it's working out! She really does well being the only pet. And Karma the Iguana found the perfect home with two other Iguana friends at my sister's friend Irina's. Her name was changed to Yoshi and has her own room! She's even allowed to roam freely throughout the house. I can tell she's loving her new home because she looks so happy in all her pictures. Yes I also get daily updates on her, accompanied with amazing photos! I'm so glad she's in a place now where she can enjoy herself and freedom. All has worked out for the best! And for that my heart is all warm and fuzzy :)

I sure hope your holidays were as merry and bright. And remember, it's not about the material things, it's about being together :) xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment