Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Smh.

As it turns out, I will be making a double layer specialty sheet cake on Winter Solstice for the deli employees my mom works with. I have some ideas that I think are cute but again, I wasn't thinking things through when I agreed to do it.... say oh um like it's the WINTER SOLSTICE! Amy, Amy, Amy... I SMH at myself sometimes. But oh well, I'd better make the best of it. I'll also need to fit in my weight watchers meeting too that night. Ugg......

And speaking of which, I am thrilled to say I've gone from 175.6 lbs (size 14) down to 149 lbs (size 10) so far in the process. My work is not yet done, but I'm so close to being the size that makes me mentally comfortable. My body isn't achey anymore and I have so much more energy. It's so refreshing! Having a structured system to live by has been the only thing to work for me. Thank You Weight Watchers for holding my hand through it. I can't wait to lose another 20lbs!

Christmas Eve is on Sunday, and I just started losing my holiday spirit this morning. But then again I started a week early this year (the day after Thanksgiving actually). There's just so much consumerism!!!! it's making me want to vomit-literally. I need to just stop-put a cork in the spending of cash I don't have to spend on stupid presents. Enough is enough. And ya know, I do it every year whether I can or not...we find a way to provide Christmas for our dear loved ones even if it breaks us, or we have to sell our souls to the devil himself (we know he doesn't exisit but you catch my drift). Who we're really selling our souls to is BIG BUSINESSES that brainwash us everyday to SPEND SPEND SPEND! You need this, You need that! This THING will make you happy! But happiness can only be found within ourselves...right? Well not if you have kids that want, want, want. A parents love and a fruit basket isn't cutting it. And even though each year I love watching the excitement in my childrens faces as they open their gifts, the nausea sets in once all the gift wrap and bows are cleared away, and the huge pile of trash sits waiting to be sorted and broken down into the recycling baskets. Because, yes...once again I've bought into the BIG BUSINESS's plan.

Don't hate me because I'm feeling a lil BAHUMBUGGERISH just days before the big day.

I usually try to distract myself with planning little activities for the family to do around the holidays, making memories. But this year it seems we've all been just a little too busy and tired to do anything. We havent gone to see the lights, or bake cookies. We haven't made gingerbread houses or even really settled in to watch Christmas movies yet. We did however go to NYC to see the Rocketts Christmas Spectacular :) That is something we don't get to do usually. I think I can be happy with that.

Stay tuned.... I have some Child Ranting blogs ahead in the near future. lol
Until then, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, and Happy Hanukkah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment