Monday, March 21, 2011

Skinny Bitch is Changing my Life.


You know that certain point of desperation, & you say "THAT'S IT" something must be done, NOW!? Well, I've had it. Last week after being down about my weight, I went shopping with my Mom. My wake up call came while trying on spring dresses at Target. GUH!!! I thought I was at my largest last summer, but once again I broke the record for this year. And I'm saying enough is enough. Obviously it's not going to go anywhere unless I make the change. A conscious change to choose a healthier way of eating and living. And my food choices changed that exact same day. Grilled, not fried. Salad with fat free dressing, not french fries. Water not soda or sweetened drinks.

I had picked up a new book while shopping called "Skinny Bitch." It was blunt, harsh, and funny. What started out to be about healthy food choices turned into a campaign to turn vegan. Not vegitarian, VEGAN! meaning no meat, no dairy, and all organic products. The result being the skinny beautiful body you always had but couldn't find. Normally I'd be like "HA" yeah, "NO CHANCE of THAT" happening because I love my meat and dairy. But the authors of the book are realy convincing! It becomes more about the cruelty behind the scenes that goes on, the lies and big business marketing behind healthfood adds and commercials. Organizations put in place that are supposed to oversee the food packaging process out of health concerns for our nations citizens are lieing to us all! Lies lies lies!!! The information in the book is backed up with tons of facts, and info collected from various studies, laws, and statements that you yourself can double check for authenticity. It's seriously been an eye opener for me personally. The cruelty farm animals endure for our consumption is unethical and disgusting! I for one do not want that KARMIC residue. And so I have decided to make serious changes in my diet. But it doesnt stop there! I'm more informed now about all the chemicals that are put into our foods and other products like health and beauty aids! We can't even pronounce the shit thats named on these ingredient lables, yet alone the ones that are not required by law to even list. READ YOUR LABLES PEOPLE! Inform yourself! With a conscious effort, you can live healthy. I am starting to do just that.

This entire week I've been following a simple food plan. Fresh fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and a light meal for dinner. Dinner time has been tricky to start because I have a fridge stocked with planned dinners and snacks we would normally eat so it's a process. Eating healthier is my step 1. Soon I will wean off all read meat, then poultry. Not only is it cruel to eat it, it sits in your colon unable to fully digest for years!!!! No wonder I cant lose weight. Holy shit speaking of shit- I cant shit normally either! Now I know why. Detox Detox Detox! I've cut out all soda (not that I really drank it anyway) and artifical sweeteners and sugar have been a big one for me. I'm sticking to tea instead of coffee too. I use natural honey instead, no dairy creamers. And it's really not been that hard to do! which is totally suprising the hell out of me. It just goes to show- I can do it once I put my mind up to it.

My husband and I went out to dinner with friends on Friday and it was a true test. I passed by ordering a vegatarian meal. I really had limited options so vegan was out of question. Being it was a social night I endulged in 2 margaritas and 2 beers that evening which would be a big NO NO on any other typical day. (Hey I have to make allowances-I dont want to stop living afterall). Oh and there were some cheese fries later that evening. So no one said it was going to be easy especially when impaired lol. But I will do better.

The weekend passed and I the cravings were in full force. Damn it, the price to pay for indulging the night before. Skinny Bitch advises to refrain from old habits for at least 30 days- by then you will have come so far, that you wont dare blow it. So here I am, starting week #2 still wanting to walk this path. Water is my friend :) I dont need sweeteners. I don't need that box of Mike n Ikes or that chocolate chip cookie. Ok maybe just a couple.

Right now Im feeling guilty about all the unhealthy food in my pantry. I hate wasting food especially when money has been tight. So the plan is to eat it sparingly, and hopefully stick to this plan somewhat until it's all out of here and replaced with fresh fruits and vegetables instead. Another big part of living healthy is exercise. Yeah haven't quite gotten to that part yet. But I'm thinking about going for a daily walk to build up my energy to start.

The one thing I am REALLY excited about is weaning from prescription medication that isn't needed any more. Getting rid of even more pullutants! Birth control gone, and adjusted to. Anti-depressants gone, and so far so good. I only have one more thyroid medication that I may be very well stuck with forever unless I can get super healthy with diet and exercise. I have to tell you, being off the anti-deppressant has been "just wow!" I feel alert, alive, and I have a physical sense of feeling back to my body. I feel things! my body hurts! my finger tips arent desensitized! The first week I started weaning myself and eating better was physically hard because the headaches were non-top. But I got through it without disrupting the detox process. And I mean taking nothing for the headaches. I let my body work it out on its own. And guess what? I lived! lol

My husband, wants to join me partway on my new health kick plan. He's smoked his last cigarette!! He's cutting out red meats, and he wants to go on daily walks with me :) Perfect! I can't think of anyone else I'd like to walk this path with more. I feel a nice change happening for us... All my wishes are slowly being answered. Thank You Universe.  Now... about that windfall of cash and a big beautiful place to live....



3 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I'll be rooting for you over here. Jay and I rarely eat red meat and if we do, it's usually a splurge because it's a nice steak. So I'll join you on that part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chickie :) I'll need all the support possible. Been on this unhealthy road for too long! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site! I like the way you set this up!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete