Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Best Day :)

Spent the afternoon yesterday at the zoo with my guy, Toni, & her friend Scott. I feel a little guilty when I say, it was nice not having Jake to tend to for once where we could just see everything without being pulled in 10 directions, making potty runs, and spending a fortune on food and junk. In fact, the trip didn't cost a dime (1st time ever). I was hoping to get fantastic pictures of the animals with my zoom lens :) I got a few that I like. But I really wish I had spent even more time just sitting and observing the animals. And I really wish I had a good view not protected by glass and wire cages. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

This little Monkey happens to be my favorite photo of the day. The Bald Eagle was a close second, but mostly because he was such a little show off in front of my camera. If I had a clear view of the eagle (without fencing) the pictures I got would have been pretty good. The eagle saw me point the camera, and spread its massive wings to glide over. Then proceeded to turn around showing his impessive set of wings to the crowd. I found this guys personality quite fascinating! He must really be used to people.

My husband might think Im nuts, but I wouldn't mind him dropping me off at the zoo for an entire day. lol Does anyone know of any good zoo's on the East Coast to visit?


I can't really narrow down my favorite animals, because I find them all rather fascinating. However I love watching the birds anywhere I go. They just happen to be so colorful at the zoo- an artists heart. Well mine anyway. I love color! Vibrant exciting color!

Later, after the zoo we all went out to Honey's for dinner. Mmmm mmm good! Farm fresh humane & organic food. My tastebuds were alive with flavor! I had brisket soft tacos, omg it was delish. Thanks Toni for introducing me to this place.

Even later that evening, my chickies Rubie & Tiffany paid us a nice little visit. We plus my son and hubby went to check out St. Tim's Mardi Gras Carnival for kids. It was put together really cute. We enjoyed ourselves playing the rip off tickets, and chances, while Jake won tons of prizes with the games. Taking him there kind of lessened my guilt from earlier not taking him along to the zoo. lol

Once back home, I spent the rest of the evening catching up with my girls. Jobs attained, lost, house hunting adventures etc.. it was really good seeing Rubie and Tiffany. Sometimes I don't realise how much I miss my friends until I actually see them for the 1st time in a while. We topped off the evening with a home video taken of our Cinco de Mayo party last year. FUNNY STUFF right there! Now my cheeks hurt from laughing just as much as my legs from walking the zoo! hahaha Good times! It was a perfect day :) I needed it too after the funk I've been in. Funk no more... (it might have been pms-now that I think of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment