Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Maternity Shoot Take #1

Amy Wons Photography @ http://www.funhousefotos.com/
Maternity Session. 2011

I was flattered when asked to photograph Lorie & Josh's maternity shoot last week. It was exciting to see an old friend that I hadn't seen since our Hallahan days in highschool!

When Lorie and Josh warmed up for the shoot, you could really feel the love between this couple. Newlywed bliss was nearly intoxicating. How refreshing to see two people so much in love, and expecting their first child.

I feel the shoot went really well. I had my sketches and ideas all planned out to keep the shoot flowing. We moved along nicely, getting some really sweet images. I hope Lorie & Josh will enjoy them for years to come. I had to share one here now.


I've been getting lots of inquiries lately about doing wedding photos and vow renewal ceremonies. And even though I've yet to do one of these events, it's pretty exciting to maybe one day capture those beautiful memories on film for couples. I would love to give it a shot. Lord knows I'm a perfectionist and I have the ideas in mind of the images I would like to get.

PERSONAL STYLE:  I'm currently focusing on building a porfolio. What is my style? I'd have to say that I love photos that tell a story, and make you feel something. I love the softness that lights can play in a photo, natural and infused. My interest/range is wide... so depending on the event and mood, I like to toy with all different techniques. But my favorite inspiration for Maternity and baby however would be Anne Geddes. She really knows how to capture the innocence and purity of the subject.

As an artist, there's nothing more that I love than stirring up emotion, and controversy of sort. I want to create art that leaves peoples jaws hitting the floor. lol And yet, I have a small desire to photograph high fashion and advertisement. I guess being relatively new to photography, I'm anxious to experience everything. And create amazing photos whenever I can, as I can afford it. I've been reading my eyeballs to the bone, articals and columns on photography jotting down useful tips, and self helping along the way. Books!!! If you dont have the time or cant afford schooling, BOOKS are the answer. Read, as much as you can about the subject. Experiment on your own. You'll see what works and what doesn't. And the more experience you get, the better you'll be. Knowing your equipment and lighting will produce awesome results, so keep toying until you find what works for you. Read those manuals! Test out the settings! Understand how different lenses can create different looks to your work.

Currently I'm in the process of buying professional high grade backdrops. And although I love my speedlight, I think I'd prefer to have a strobe light for inside/studio shoots. But for now my speedlight can be awesome when adjusted properly. I'm teaching myself lighting! So expect to see some dramatic lighting in my current & upcoming pictures.

As my work progresses, I hope to have put together an impressive collection. That's the goal. Now I just wonder how to come up with a decent pricing list that will make both the customer & myself very happy. hmmm.... 

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwww! How sweet!! We really enjoyed our session too. You are so talented and we already love our photos. Thanks so much again sweetie! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete