Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My mind is a wonderland

Have you ever stood outside yourself and observe what others see? This week I've been kind of outside myself, watching observing. I guess I don't have much personality when I'm lacking self esteem. I become introverted and not much company. My quieter side of Gemini now rules. At least until I can lose some weight & my increased thyroid medication kicks in. I intend to start the zumba workout daily sometime this week. "Sometime" being noted. My intentions are there, but my drive has been lacking due to bouts of the "blues" alot lately.

Today seemed to be better as I watched our 15 yr old daughter be inducted into the national honor society. How proud we are of her hard work and dedication. She really has grown into an outstanding young adult. But then again she has always been outstanding. Franklin Towne has raised the minimum standards to join NHS, I'm so proud one of those students is mine. :) I am so proud and filled with happy emotion. Both my kids are awesome! Jake is doing really well with school and cub scouts, and has been on good behavior at home as well. He's been so lovable and kissable :) I'm getting spoiled.

Went on a shopping spree with Mom today in search of sales and cute items. We stopped off at Ruby Tuesdays for a bite to eat, man I love their rasberry lemonade with mint. MmmmMMmmmm. We then browsed Marshalls and all their treasures. It's funny how we are drawn to certain items. I mean what is my fascination with decorative boxes? Why do we seem like we can never get enough of certain things? Is there a past life connection? Interesting. My dad is famous for keeping records and lists on everything from lottery numbers, to scrabble scores. My Mom & I both love boxes and books. And is it normal to have so many Artists in one family? My grandfather, father, me & my sister, my husband, and my two children all have talent. I am so very curious as to who I was in past lives..... Who was I? and has any talents, or skills carried over into this one? I often wonder who my kids were too.

Withdrawn. That's where I'm at. Inside my head for at least a while. This is usually a creative time for me when I express emotion through my art and paintings. Time to reflect, time to work on me. I've been neglecting myself. And then I have aha moments when I think: "Life's too short" for this shit. Enjoy the things that make me happy. So that's what I plan to do. ENJOY THE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY.

Soft fuzzy blankets, chocolate, rasberry lemonade, greys anatomy, a good book, cozy pj's, and my family. =)
I'm going to enjoy hobbies like photography, painting and scrapbooking. Seize the opertunities that come my way and keep moving forward. Life is good. I just sometimes forget to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment